May be used as an alternative to lip filler to define and enhance your natural shape.
Lip tattooing will improve the size, shape, colour and definition of your lips. Due to ageing, excess sun exposure, lip filler and cold sores, we can lose colour in our lips - especially in the border of our lips. Lip tattooing will bring your lips back to life. Lip tattooing adds beauty, convenience, and a renewed sense of youth.
- 1x 4 hour appointment (First sitting)
- 1x 3 hour appointment (Second sitting)
- Aftercare balm and instructions
- Drink 2 litres of water daily from 2 weeks prior - you must be well hydrated.
- Lightly exfoliate your lips with a sugar scrub, then apply bepanthen "nappy rash cream” every day morning and night for 1 week prior.
- NO botox or fillers less than 1 month prior.
- NO alcohol, coffee or any kind of caffeine 48 hours prior.
- NO antibiotics 2 months prior.
- NO exercise on the day of your appointment.
- NO fish oil or vitamins 1 week prior.
- NO aspirin or ibuprofen 48 hours prior.
- NO sun damaged lips.
- If you have experienced COLD SORES in the past, you need to be taking preventative medication daily for 5 days leading up to your appointment and the day of your appointment.
DAY OF TREATMENT
- Do NOT get your tattoo wet for 6 days, avoid long steamy showers, saunas, spas or steam rooms
- Use a fresh pillowcase while you sleep, this will avoid any infection if the lips ooze at night
- NO licking of dry lips, make sure you use the aftercare ointment to moisten lips, hydration is key
- Do NOT rub, pick, or scratch lips, this can cause scarring and cause lips to scar
- NO application of any lip makeup for 1 week
- NO spicy foods during the first 24 hours.
- NO kissing or excessive stretching of the lips
- NO activities that will cause sweating for 6 days.
- NO direct sun exposure or tanning for 1 week.
- NO facial cleansers on the treated area for 4 weeks.
- NO facials, botox or chemical treatments for 4 weeks.
- DAY 1 Your lips may be swollen, this should settle within a few hours/next day. The colour will look bright and bold.
- DAY 2 Your tattoo will look bold. Your lips may feel like a light sunburn sensation
- DAY 3 Your lips will start to feel dry and may start peeling, keep using aftercare ointment when necessary
- DAY 4 Your lips will be in the peeling stage, avoid the temptation to pick
- DAY 5-6 Peeling should almost be complete. The top layer of your skin has healed. Your skin is still in the healing stage, therefore you will not see true colour until week 6.
- DAY 45 Your skin has completely healed!
LIP TATTOO AND COLD SORES
If you are prone to cold sores, you will need to make sure you take anti-viral medication before your treatment. The simulation of the needles can potentially cause cold sores to appear, which can negatively impact the healing process.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR LIPS ONCE HEALED
- Protect your tattoo with sunscreen whilst in the sun.
- Avoid using chemical exfoliants on your lips.
- Avoid laser treatments near your lip area.
- Additional lip products may still be required post procedure to achieve your desired look. Lip blush tattooing should look natural and add a flushed look.
HOW MANY SITTINGS WILL I NEED?
HOW DO I PAY?
HOW LONG DOES LIP TATTOOING LAST?
DOES LIP TATTOOING HURT?
CAN I BRING CHILDREN/GUEST TO MY APPOINTMENT?
LIP TATTOOING IS NOT SUITABLE IF:
- Taking blood thinning medication
- Skin condition/s eg. Psoriasis/Eczema on the area being tattooed
- Sun damaged lips
- Heart conditions/using heart medications
- Diabetes, please seek advice from your GP
- Skin disease or irritations
- Severe allergies/allergies to hair dye/ink
- Pregnant/breast feeding/planning pregnancy
- Medical condition/s, please seek advice from your GP
- If you have cancer, you must be 6 months past your last chemotherapy, please seek advice from your GP
- Tendency to keloid
- Autoimmune disease, please seek advice from your GP
- Covid vaccine/any other vaccine - must wait 4 weeks before tattooing
- Accutane/strong acne medication - must wait 1 year before tattooing
- Retinol and vitamin A - must discontinue 1 month prior
- Antibiotics - must discontinue 2 months prior
- If you have experienced COLD SORES in the past, you need to be taking preventative medication daily for 5 days leading up to your appointment, the day of your appointment and for 5 days post treatment. Please seek advice from your local chemist or General Practitioner GP
- If you suffer from anxiety: Please consider carefully if this is something for you as the process takes a good 12 weeks to be completed and can be an anxious wait as the tattoo is not perfected until after the healing of the second or third sitting .
FIND US ON INSTAGRAM